McDonalds is giving you a free FinLocker to make it easier to manage your money and achieve your financial goals.
FinLocker is a secure personal financial well-being app to help you build and monitor your credit, manage your bank accounts and loans, create custom budgets to save for your financial goals, and establish positive financial habits.
If your goal is to get your own place to live, buy a car, take a vacation, or go to college, FinLocker will take you on a journey that will lead to achieving your goals. The app’s technology analyzes your financial data each day, providing your progress towards achieving your goals.
If your ultimate goal is to buy your own home one day, FinLocker can even help with that!
It only takes a few minutes to start achieving your financial goals.
- After creating your FinLocker account, bookmark this log-in page to easily log back in: https://portal.finlocker.com/pfm/login?returnUrl=%2F
- Download the FinLocker mobile app in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Enroll in Credit to receive your free credit score, credit report and monitoring:
- Checking your credit will never affect your credit score.
- Review your credit report for any errors. Disputing any error to TransUnion, Equifax and Experian from the link in your app.
- Keep paying your bills on time.
Add at least one Bank Account:
- Identify your financial institution.
- Enter your login credentials. Data is encrypted during transfer to your FinLocker account with bank level security.
- FinLocker categorizes your transactions so you can see where you’re spending your money.
Create a Savings Goal and Budget:
- Go to the Budgets and Goals tab.
- Click “Create Goal” then name your Goal, enter the goal amount, target to achieve the goal, and the bank account to fund the goal.
- Create a Budget for the areas where you spend your money, such as food, entertainment, gym membership, clothes, transportation, rent, etc. to help you save to reach your goal.
Watch videos to learn how to manage your money:
- Click the Education tab to watch videos on auto loans, credit cards, paying for college and buying a home.
- Articles to learn about your credit score and credit report are in the Credit Report tab.
When you want to get a loan to buy a car or home, take a quick Readiness Assessment for a snapshot of your financial health:
- Once you have created your account, and completed Steps 2 – 4, go to Readiness tab to see where you are on the path towards being ready to apply for a loan for a car or home.
Learn if you need to improve your credit score, continue saving or reduce your debt-to-income.